- What is Temp Desk?
- Recruitment Agents
- Australian Businesses
- Contact Us
What is Temp Desk?
Temp Desk is an employment facility that has been created to provide businesses with a solution when looking to engage or retain talent when company head count restrictions apply. It is an intermediary employment facility, not a labour hire or personnel supply firm.
Temp Desk also offers recruitment agents the possibility of becoming a business partner, allowing them to run contract personnel through Temp Desk. We are committed to providing a back office employment facility to support our approved business partners so they can in turn provide higher levels of service to their clients, as well as make contracting revenue without the cost and risk involved in having to employ people.
Temp Desk strictly does not enter into competition with its business partners. The success of our product relies on us having strict policies in place to ensure our staff simply administer the contracts and payroll to support our business partners and nothing more.
Why Use Temp Desk
Recruitment Business Partner
As a boutique recruitment agent, it can be very difficult to offer your clients a temp or contractor workforce. For most agents, this requires:
- A commitment to processing payroll for the duration of a contract
- As the employer, you take on all of the employment risk which includes unfair dismissal, harrassment claims, WorkCover breaches and the Directors’ liabilities that go with this
- Funding the employees wage, superannuation and insurances upfront – meaning substantial working capital and operating on negative cash flow for some time
- Dealing with debtors, in particular, chasing up overdue accounts and the risk of bad debts.
Temp Desk takes on all the above responsibilities so that you can offer clients a “temp” workforce, without the hassle of administration work, employment risk and financial burden.
Temp Desk offers your business a facility to remove headcount issues, whilst helping you keep the talent you need. Australian businesses can leverage the flexibility that Temp Desk provides employers. For many businesses, the reasons for using an outsourced employment service include:
- Avoiding restrictions surrounding employee headcount. Temp Desk employs your contractors on your behalf, taking on all of the employment liabilities such as loadings, payroll tax and insurances. This allows you to contract out employs until the opportunity to employ the contractor permanently arises.
- The ability to “try before you buy” employees you seek to employ long-term. Our contracts allow your business to take over employment contracts at any time.